I am a registered massage therapist (RMT) and business entrepreneur serving clients in the greater Ottawa area since 2002.
My approach to therapy is to identify symptoms and assess postural alignment. My goal is to establish a treatment plan to treat the root causes of pain by addressing the body’s alignment. This approach can improve range of motion, athletic performance, dexterity, balance, strength, and muscular efficiency. In my 20+ year career, I have observed that my clients have different outcomes, reactions, and results to a variety of techniques.
As a lifelong learner, I am extending my professional development with the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration Certification Program.
Structural integration helps to bring the body alignment back to a neutral posture. It addresses the fascia (connective tissue) in the body. I use a combination of soft tissue manipulation and client active movement, to help re-organize body alignment.
Education and Certifications:
- Registered Massage Therapist 2002
- Advanced shoulder stretches and rotator cuff release levels 1&2 2003
- Graston Technique certified 2016
- Advanced Joint Mobilizations 2021
- Anatomy Trains Structure and Function 2019
- Anatomy Trains Body Reading 2019
- Egoscue Posture Alignment 2011
- Anatomy Trains Structural Integration (Part 1&2 completed, Part 3 in progress) 2020 this is the study and specialization to treat the Myofascial meridians of the body
- Muscle Energy Technique for Lumbar, Sacrum, Pelvis 2018
- Muscle Energy Technique for Cervical and Shoulder 2018
- Deep tissue and postural training
- Mechanics in Motion. 2019
The Orleans Chamber of Commerce:
- Customer Service Excellence – 2007
- Service Business of the Year – 2008 and 2010
- Professional of the Year – 2010
- Health Care Professional of the Year – 2011
The Ottawa Health and Wellness Expo (Ottawa)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – 2018
In 2014, Bryan Castilla was selected by ParaTriathlon Canada as the lead massage therapist to assist in conditioning Canadian Para-Athletes during their international competition.